Let New Power Realty help you every step of the way.
When you are thinking of selling your home, before you become overwhelmed at the task, we need to discuss the important steps of making this process a lot easier on you.
1. Determine Why And When You Would Like To Sell. Motivation plays a critical factor in determining what course of action you need to take. Spring is typically a faster paced season to sell and winter tends to be a little slower. Regardless, there are always people looking to buy and seasons are only one factor to consider. New Power Realty will help get you in the right direction.
2. Find A Realtor Who Is Right For You. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, interview the candidates. A good Realtor will supply you with information on recent sales, current listings in the market so you will have a good understanding of the current market for your property. New Power Realtor will provide a solid marketing plan so you feel comfortable about the selling process and us as your realtor to represent you. Choosing New Power Realty to market any property is a privilege that we treasure. We are here as our clients advocate in this marketing process.
3. Sign A Listing Agreement. It authorizes New Power Realty and your New Power Realtor to market and sell your home. The agreement serves 3 purposes. a) It defines our relationship and every detail and limits of the authority. b) It provides detailed information on the home which will be posted on Multiple Listing Service system. c) It forms the basis for drafting offers on your home, formal offers start with the Listing Agreement.
4. Set Your Price. You want to attract buyers, the right asking price will attract not deter. New Power Realty knows the factors affecting the market. Your New Power Realtor will provide you with a comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to the homes recently sold, active and expired in your area and we will set the asking price using the CMA as one of the tool for this purpose.
5. Find A Lawyer. You need to find a lawyer to do your conveyance to complete the selling process of transferring title to the buyer. Ask them how they structure their fees and get an estimate of all other costs you can expect. New Power Realty’s Professional Network of legal professional can provide the service need in this conveyance process.
6. Prepare Your Home For Viewing. Get your home a mini make-over. It’s the little things you can do to attract an offer. Get rid of the clutter, clean everything, repair as much as you can within reason, add some beautifying touches like new door handles on cupboards and perhaps even paint. All those little things will be great help in getting a good offer from buyers.
7. Let New Power Realty Market Your Home. This is our work and we are professional in property marketing and promotion as Realtors because we do this everyday in our business of getting our clients home sold.
8. Prepare Your Finances. Is your mortgage portable without any penalties? Can the buyer assume your mortgage? Can you discharge your mortgage without any penalties? Does capital gains tax apply to you? Talk with your mortgage broker and perhaps your accountant to see what applies. New Power Realty’s Professional Network of Mortgage and accountant expert will be a great source of help if our clients need it.
9. Offers! Let’s Look At Offers. Our New Power Realtor will walk you through the process, you will see every offer. There may be conditions you want to change; we will discuss each and every detail. This is one of the most important tasks and is the reasons you have hired us as your Realtor, is for our marketing skill and also our professional negotiation skills. Don’t be offended if your offer is well below the asking price. Instead, evaluate it for what its worth and counter back. Successful negotiation is an art and because it’s a highly emotional time. You will need a professional in your corner to guide you through with success.
10. Close The Deal! Excellent, negotiations are successful and we have time for the most vital steps now. A) Contact your lawyer and let them know an Agreement has been signed. B) Immediately begin satisfying any conditions that require your actions to complete C) Notify the lawyer and lending institution if the buyer is assuming your mortgage D) Contact utilities, telephone and cable companies about transfer or removal of service E) Call insurance agent and arrange cancellation or transfer of your homeowners insurance F) Call a moving company G) Send out change of address cards including Ministry of Transportation for your BCDL etc. H) Notify me immediately if there are any changes to your property or situation.
Congratulations!!! You have sold your house! New Power Realty and your New Power Realtor are very please to have been able to helped you, our valued client.